SURNAMES

SURNAMES: BETHSCHEIDER, BUNDY, COLVIN, JESSE, JESSIE, MORRISON, MORTIMER, SHEPARD, SMALL, STEVENS, THOMAS, VAN DE STREEK, and WALLENDAL.







Thursday, July 22, 2010

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY

 
This is the tombstone of my grandmother, Effa COLVIN, born in 1883, Valton, Woodland Township, Sauk County, Wisconsin; and my grandfather, Ralph MORTIMER, born in 1880, Valton, Woodland Township, Sauk County, Wisconsin.

Excerpt from HATTIE SMITH DIARY: Wednesday, January 17, 1906           John 3:16
"Just more than snowed all day. Cleared up at dark. Very windy. Not warm. EFFIE COLVIN and RALPH MORTIMER were married today, I suppose. I started a crocheted rug this eve. NOTE: Finished that rug Friday June 22, 06. It is 1 ¾ yds long and 41 ½ inches wide. I think it is nice."
 and

No comments:

Post a Comment